Judah P. Benjamin (read more about him by following the link below) was a cousin of Moses Elias Levy who lived for a time at Markland with the Anderson Family on King Street, then purchased a home on St. George Street in St. Augustine. He acquired a large parcel where Florida Route 207 crosses the Matanzas River-hence the name of the tributary, Moses Creek! Levy was an ardent abolitionist unlike the much less likeable Judah P. Benjamin!
- Marking 630 Years after the Massacre of the Jews of Barcelona
- Eighth Annual Commemoration of Largest Mass Arrest of Rabbis at Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront draws an unexpected crowd.
- Joseph Seligman and the Question of Jews in Hotels such as St. Augustine’s Ponce de Leon Hotel
- Marking the 566th Anniversary of the Canonization of Vincent Ferrer!
- Today would have been James Earl Chaney’s 78th birthday. Why it matters!